Please help us understand our impact by filling out our call log: https://goo.gl/forms/lbHUvI9h58f0dLqx1
Why are we calling it a scam? Simple. It is! If you make 75K or less, then your taxes will go up over the next ten-years. Some will see your taxes go up sooner. This scam is the second most unpopular piece of legislation EVER behind only Trumpcare, but our MoC’s are not receiving the flood of phone calls they need. Time to step it up so make some calls then join us at the Federal Building as part of a national day of action to rally against this scam!
Action 1: Call and let your MoC know where you stand.
Sen. Patty Murray: DC 202-224-2621; Seattle 206-553-5545
Sen. Maria Cantwell: DC 202-224-3441; Seattle 206-220-6400
“My name is _____ and I’m calling from zip code _____ to make sure the Senator will use every tool at her disposal to ensure that the GOP tax bill does not pass. It’s ridiculous to raise taxes on everyone to pay for corporate tax cuts”
Action 2: Rally
Our usual Resist Trump Tuesday Rally has been moved to MONDAY, 11/27, from 11am to 1pm. We are making a show of solidarity with Indivisible groups from across the nation, to stop the Trump Tax Scam. Join us!
We are aiming to circle the entire Federal Building, with at least 300 people! Join with Indivisible groups around the nation to say NO!
Where: the Federal Building, 915 2nd Ave, Seattle
When: 11 AM - 1 PM
Can't stay for the whole time? Don't worry, you can still be counted! Come for as much time as you can spare. We really need you!
Just in case you need some more incentive:
LIST OF (Even More) REASONS TO OPPOSE THE TAX CUT BILL
- 145K graduate students would pay at least 10k more per year.
- 840K teachers would no longer be able to deduct $250 per year on school supplies.
- Repeals the medical expense tax break.
- Repeals the elderly and disabled tax credit.
- The bill adds $1.7 trillion to the deficit.
- The bill increases taxes, on net, for families that have at least one child and make less than $100,000.
- 13 million people lose their health insurance.
- Businesses that hire veterans lose tax benefits.
- $25 billion cut from Medicare.
- Medicaid loses more than $1 trillion over the next 10 years.
- Medical cost deductions are eliminated.
- Tax cuts for individuals expire in 2025, while trillion-dollar corporate tax cuts are permanent.
- Teachers pay more for school supplies.
- Patients pay more for lifesaving medical devices.