Action 1: RETURN YOUR BALLOT.
The election is Tuesday, November 7, and a lot of these races appear to be close. As of yesterday, only 15% of voters in King County had returned their ballot. Your vote makes a huge difference, especially in off-year races. Use our handy election endorsement guide to help make your decisions:
If you are returning your ballot by mail, please get it in a mailbox no later than tomorrow (Monday) to make sure your ballot is postmarked in time and your vote is counted. You can return your ballot at a free drop box at the following locations:
If you have lost your ballot, or if you're out of town and won't be back until Tuesday, you can print out a replacement ballot here:
Action 2: Commit to a Get out The Vote Activity
REMINDER: Daylight Saving Time just ended. Please set your clocks back an hour, so that you don't accidentally show up to any of these events an hour early.
These are the crucial races here and around the country that can use your help:
- the State Senate races in Washington’s 45th and 31st districts could flip control of the Washington State Senate
- Burien city council races have progressive democrats facing down white supremacist, anti-immigrant forces, and
- the Virginia governor and legislature races could determine the future of voting rights and of the 2018 midterms.
Below is a list of phone bank, text bank, and canvassing activities, some of which you can even do from home! Please commit to one that suits your schedule:
Phone and Text Banking:
- For Virginia races, sign up for a shift any time between now and Tuesday: https://www.indivisible.org/gotv-virginia/
- For the 31st Legislative District (Michelle Rylands), use this google doc to make calls and texts on your own time: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_6lpxVv2G_kEKyAbIGqtb-By-mIZZ9hbBiDRfLmTTp0/edit#
- In-Person Phone Bank for Burien city council: Monday, November 6th at 4:00pm at 1841 s 120th St, Burien
- The 45th Legislative District (Manka Dhingra) has canvasses at 10am and 1pm TODAY, starting from her offices at 8151 164th Ave NE, Redmond https://act.myngp.com/Forms/1694571643540081152
- The 31st Legislative District (Michelle Rylands) Canvass with Washington State Democratic Party Chair Tina Podlodowski is TODAY at 10:30am at 7203 W Tapps Hwy E, Bonney Lake, https://www.facebook.com/events/348293778960387/
- Burien City Council Canvass for Nancy Tosta, Pedro Olguin, Krystal Marx, and Jimmy Matta with State Senator Rebecca Saldana is 10am at 1841 S 120th St: https://www.facebook.com/events/1184747924960161/
This tool allows you email all your Washington friends to remind them to vote: https://votercircle.com/c/washington-state-democrats/join
November 7: Resist Trump Tuesday - #TrumpTaxScam
Join us at the Federal Building to combat Trump's newly revealed tax cuts to the mega-rich.
As usual, we will enter the federal building immediately after the rally for a meeting with Senate staffers. Also as usual (from now through December), we will be gathering signatures for De-Escalate Washington's I-940 ballot initiative for better police training and accountability.