Official action for Tuesday, Nov. 7
Action 1: Vote!
Ah, the sweet smell of election day. If you haven’t already, now is your chance to join your friends and neighbors in bringing about change at the ballot box. Some of these elections look like they’ll be nailbiters, so make sure your voice is heard!
It is too late to return your ballot by mail, but you can still return your ballot at a free drop box before 7 p.m.: http://kingcounty.gov/…/returning-my…/ballot-drop-boxes.aspx
If you have lost your ballot, you can print out a replacement ballot here: http://www.kingcounty.gov/…/replacing-a-ballot-or-envelope.…
Use our handy election endorsement guide to help make your decisions: http://bitly.com/seattlevotes
ACTION 2: Get out the vote!
The State Senate races in Washington’s 31st and 45th districts could flip control of the Washington State Senate. Meanwhile in Burien, progressives are facing down white supremacist, anti-immigrant forces in the race for city council.
* GOTV: This tool allows you email all your Washington friends to remind them to vote: https://votercircle.com/c/washington-state-democrats/join
* 31st LD (Michelle Rylands): use this Google Doc to make calls and texts on your own time: https://docs.google.com/…/1_6lpxVv2G_kEKyAbIGqtb-By-mI…/edit#
* 45th LD (Manka Dhingra): use this form to sign up for phone banking and canvassing shifts: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx…
* Burien City Council (Jimmy Matta, Krystal Marx, Nancy Tosta, Pedro Olguin): In-Person Phone Bank and Canvassing: Tuesday, November 7th at 4:00pm at 1841 S 120th St, Burien, WA, 98168 (https://goo.gl/maps/7fPhGDXZBLr)(https://goo.gl/maps/7fPhGDXZBLr)
The Virginia governor and legislature races could determine the future of voting rights and of the 2018 midterms.
* Governor (Ralph Northam): Sign up for a shift: https://www.indivisible.org/gotv-virginia/
Action 3: Defend our hard-won healthcare
We fought to defend our healthcare from AHCA. We fought to defend our healthcare from the Graham-Cassidy Act. Now the #TrumpTaxScam is threatening to cut Medicaid “by more than $1 trillion over the next 10 years,” a greater cut “than that proposed under Graham-Cassidy or the AHCA” [Forbes].
There is good news, though. The Trump Tax Scam is so bad for so many people that we have the chance to defeat it in the House. Our representatives have already stood against the scam, and they’re looking for stories of how it would impact us. Give our representatives the stories they need to fight for our healthcare!
“Hello, my name is [name] from [city, zip]. I want to thank Representative [NAME] for his/her strong statements against the terrible GOP tax plan and to ask him/her to keep fighting. [Here add your story of how the Trump Tax Scam would impact you.]”
Resist Trump Tuesday - #TrumpTaxScam
11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at Federal Building, Downtown Seattle
Election Night Parties
Do you have an idea for a future daily action? If so, please e-mail us at email@example.com.