Please log your call here: https://goo.gl/forms/lbHUvI9h58f0dLqx1
In the middle of Hurricane Harvey, the worst weather disaster to strike the United States in over a decade, President Trump aims to slash the budget of NOAA, the parent agency of the National Weather Service, by 16%. The United States's weather prediction abilities are already sub-par, and Trump's actions will put American lives in danger for years to come.
We have to make sure that this short-sighted, dangerous proposal never becomes law, so call your Senators and Representative now to demand action.
Hi - My name is [NAME] and I'm calling from [CITY, ZIP] to ask [MOC NAME] to vote NO on any budget that cuts funding for NOAA or the National Weather Service. Hurricane Harvey shows that we need to invest more money in weather prediction, not less.
Who to Call
1. Call both Senators
- Patty Murray: (206) 553-5545
- Maria Cantwell: (206) 220-6400
2. Call your Congressperson
- Pramila Jayapal (WA-07): (202) 225-3106
- Adam Smith (WA-09): (425) 793-5180
- White house budget aims to 'slow' gains in weather prediction, shocking forecasters: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/05/24/white-house-budget-aims-to-slow-gains-in-weather-forecasting-shocking-weather-community/
- Hurricane Harvey looms, and so do Trump cuts to weather research: http://www.newsweek.com/harvey-approaches-trump-weather-cuts-loom-654844
Can you spare a few dollars?
Please make a donation to one or more of the worthy organizations listed here in order to help the Texas gulf coast recover from Harvey: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/dkharvey