We have two actions for you today. Read on to learn more about them, but if you only have a moment today, please:
- Donate some money to help relief efforts in Puerto Rico. Learn more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/puerto-rica-hurricane-irma-maria_us_59c7f699e4b06ddf45f89c7a
- Call progressives in red states and ask them to save our health care! https://www.trumpcareten.org/calls-to-kill-trumpcare
Last, but not least, we're hosting a Resist Trump Tuesday rally on Tuesday morning in front of the federal building in downtown Seattle. We hope to see you there! P.S. Our next Resist Trump Tuesday rally is tomorrow. We hope to see you there! https://www.facebook.com/events/135428037195597/
ACTION: Millions of Americans are in urgent danger; HELP THEM
Hurricane Maria has directly affected the lives of 3.5 million Americans, leaving them in conditions that are being described as "apocalyptic" . Almost two million of them are without drinkable water, and the situation is desperate. If you can spare any money, please donate. HuffPost has collected a number of options for donations here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/puerto-rica-hurricane-irma-maria_us_59c7f699e4b06ddf45f89c7a
INFO: The latest on Health Care
We received some good news in our fight to stop the Graham-Cassidy version of Trumpcare yesterday: Senator Susan Collins of Maine declared that she will not vote for this bill, saying: "Sweeping reforms to our health care system and to Medicaid can’t be done well in a compressed time frame, especially when the actual bill is a moving target." 
With Collins's announcement, there are now two confirmed "no" votes against Graham-Cassidy, which means we still need one more "no" to clinch another victory for Americans' access to health care. There is plenty of reason to think that we should be able to flip at least one more Republican Senator, so let's help finish this off!
ACTION: Use Indivisible's phone banking tool to call progressives in red states
If you have friends in Alaska, please let them know to call their Senators today. Also, please keep phone banking using Indivisible National’s tool to reach people in other red states and connect them with their Senate offices. The people you will be connected to are progressives: they marched with us in the Women's March, they called their Senators to Defend DACA, and they just need a gentle reminder from you and me to Kill the Bill!
If you reach someone who has already called, urge them to let you connect them anyway. Try to connect ten people. We need to pile up the numbers and put the Graham-Cassidy bill to bed for good!
Please use this link: https://www.trumpcareten.org/calls-to-kill-trumpcare
In addition, you can help keep the call tool running with a small donation here: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/trumpcare-calls?amount=26.00&refcode=seattlegroups
-  Hurricane Maria: Puerto Rico officials describe 'apocalyptic' conditions - http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/24/americas/hurricane-maria-puerto-rico-aftermath/index.html
-  Health Bill Appears Dead as Pivotal G.O.P. Senator Declares Opposition - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/us/politics/obamacare-repeal-susan-collins-dead.html
- Maria Cantwell gave remarks during the sole hearing on Graham-Cassidy earlier today. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5bdxxC5-kk