Reminder: Contribute to Black Love Bail Out
If you haven't chipped in yet, Black Lives Matter Seattle-King County is hosting the Black Love Bail Out all month long. If you are able to contribute, please see https://blacklivesseattle.org/black-love-bail-out-2018/
Town Hall Alert:
Thank you to everyone who attended town halls yesterday! There are a few more opportunities for town halls, including a drop in town hall for 36th District representatives Noel Frame and Gael Tarleton at Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery, 8570 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, Washington 98103, from 4-7 PM.
It’s a perfect opportunity to hold your representatives accountable for Trump-proofing our state on issues such as: voting rights, carbon tax, protecting immigrants, criminal justice, and more.
There are a few more remaining in the next few weeks - see here for details:
If you’re unsure, find your district here: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
* If you can make it down to Olympia, please attend the hearing on I-940 De-Escalate Washington on Tuesday, February 20th at 6pm in the John L. O'Brien House Office Building. Show support for de-escalating Washington state's police force: https://www.facebook.com/events/152752968768045/
Action: Help Indivisible fund digital recess ads
Want to help your fellow Indivisibles nationwide hold their members of Congress accountable? Indivisible national can use your help. Details below:
Help Indivisible launch digital ads during recess
We showed the world what our movement was capable of last February during the congressional recess. And this year, before we get out the vote, we’re going to get louder.
To do that, we’re running digital ads to reach new people that adds 1 new person to our list for every 67 cents we spend. This rate is ridiculously low in the digital marketing space, but we need help getting the message out:
Chipping in $26 gets our recess materials into the hands of 39 more people!
Giving $35 puts our materials in the hands of 52 more people!
Contributing $50 equips 75 more people with the tools needed to ask their MoCs hard questions!
Donating $100 helps 149 more people hold their MoCs accountable!
Gifting $250 adds 373 more people to the Resistance!
Republicans think that they’re in the clear after all the terrible votes they took last year on TrumpCare, the Trump Tax Scam, and deporting Dreamers. But our movement will be at their town halls and events to remind them. Chip in to Indivisible to help us get our recess toolkit in the hands of even more supporters.
Upcoming: Seattle Indivisible Weekly Meeting
AGENDA for this week:
1. Protecting the 2018 Congressional elections from Russian meddling.
2. Organizing students to lobby their elected reps for better protections from school shootings.
2. Writing postcards to Kentucky voters to help flip their 89th State House District seat from red to blue in their Feb. 27 special election.
3. Guest speaker Ben Rowswell on Betterplace, a phone app that connects you with small tasks that enable you to make an immediate impact for good in the world.
Bring a smartphone and/or laptop computer, and bring a snack to share.
Enter from the parking lot in BACK of the church. We’re in the first room on your left.
This location can be reached on King County Metro routes 5 and 45.
See you soon!
Do you have an idea for a daily action? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org