Lives depend on it
There is still time for meaningful gun safety legislation in our own state. Keep the pressure on. If we keep trying, we can make the change. The survivors in Parkland, FL aren’t giving up. We owe them our support. We can and will provide it. Lives depend on it.
Don’t forget to fill out our call log so that we can track our impact: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSdlHO2ioBd6vMLe7…/viewform…
Find your state legislators (two representatives and one senator): http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
SCRIPT for State Representatives:
“My name is [name] and I’m calling from [city, zip]. The young activist survivors of the Parkland, FL shooting continue to inspire us all. We could all learn from the strength and.resolve they have admirably displayed. We can’t let them down. Weapons of war have no place in our society. Let’s make it a harder to acquire these weapons. Senate Bill 5444 and House Bill 1387, which extend the restrictions we currently place on handgun purchases to assault weapons need to be passed immediately. This is literally the least we can do. I want [Representative] to vote for them. This is exempt from the cutoff so no excuses. It is a moral imperative.”
Background - AG Ferguson agrees:
• Resist Trump Tuesday Rally 2/27 @11:45am followed up with a meeting with our senators’ staff as usual. Show up and voice your concerns!
• And don’t miss our Weekly Meeting 2/27 @ 7PM
Woodland Park United Methodist Church
302 N 78th St, Seattle, WA 98103
AGENDA for this week:
1. Supporting students in getting gun safety legislation passed.
2. Protecting the 2018 Congressional elections from Russian meddling.
3. Defeating Trump’s infrastructure scam. Hearings begin March 1st.
4. Defending DACA. Dreamers lose protections and face mass deportations March 5th.
Bring a smart phone and/or laptop computer, and bring a snack to share.
Enter from the parking lot in BACK of the church. We’re in the first room on your left.
This location can be reached on King County Metro routes 5 and 45.
See you soon!
Support The Activist Survivors
• March 14 is a 17-minute “National School Walkout” for students, teachers, school administrators, parents and allies. https://www.womensmarch.com/empower/
• March 24 is March for Our Lives, 10:00 AM at Cal Anderson Park on Capitol Hill https://www.facebook.com/events/148775925933794/
• April 20 — the anniversary of Columbine — is an all-day “National School Walkout” https://actionnetwork.org/…/april20actionsagainstgunviolenc…