There are three events going on this Tuesday the 27th. Some do not have the schedule flexibility to show up. That’s just a fact and no one can be faulted for that. However, if you can show up and you chose not to, then that’s a choice you must live with. I implore you to commit to going to at least one of these events tomorrow. This is how change happens, but it only happens if we all do our part.
Resist Trump Tuesday
Continues on Tuesday, March 27 at 11:45 a.m. outside the Henry M. Jackson Federal Building, followed by a meeting with our Senators’ Staffers! This is a deliberate ongoing effort of persistence. If you have been to some and get frustrated because it seems like nothing substantial seems to happen on any given week, you are correct. However, if you look at the sum of the ongoing effort then it becomes clear that extremely substantial changes ARE happening. Keep it up!
Weekly Seattle Indivisible Meeting
Tuesday, March 27 at 7pm
Washington State Labor Council (new location!) 321 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144
Every week at 7pm we get to work. All are welcome! Join our efforts!
On the Agenda this week:
1. Debrief from the March for Our Lives and next steps for gun safety legislation
2. Canvassing to the 8th CD to flip Reichert’s seat in the House from red to blue
3. Organizing to block Senate confirmations of Gina Haspel and Mike Pompeo as CIA Director and Sec of State.
4. Blocking passage of the Bank Lobbyist Act, which would put tax payers on the hook again for the next bailout of Big Banks.
5. I-1631 Petitioning for Clean Air, Clean Energy.
Tuesday March 27th at 6:00 pm
West Seattle Town Hall with Rep. Pramila Jayapal, The Hall at Fauntleroy. If You chose this over our weekly meeting, then power to you! Meeting your federal representative to voice your concerns and listen to others is a building block of democracy. Be part of it!