We have our regular Resist Trump Tuesday rally and weekly meeting today. You can find more details at the end of this message. We hope to see you there!
Don’t forget to fill out our call log so that we can track our impact: https://goo.gl/forms/lbHUvI9h58f0dLqx1
When Congressional Republicans passed their plutocratic tax scam last year, they kept the projected cost at $1.5 trillion by setting individual tax cuts to expire in 2025. Now they want to patch up the law so that the tax breaks last indefinitely. And way back in December Senator Marco Rubio made it clear how Republicans plan on making up for the revenue shortfall: by cutting Social Security and Medicare.
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal: (202) 225-3106, (206) 674-0040
- Rep. Adam Smith: (202) 225-8901, (425) 793-5180
- Sen. Patty Murray: (202) 224-2621, (206) 553-5545
- Sen. Maria Cantwell: (202) 224-3441, (206) 220-6400
Hello, I’m [name] from [city, zip.] I’d like to thank [Senator/Representative name] for their opposition to the GOP tax bill last year. I'm calling on [Senator/Representative name] to oppose the forthcoming bill to extend this bill’s tax cuts. Republicans will use the resulting budget shortfall as an excuse to cut social services. We cannot allow tax breaks for the wealthy to take precedence over the healthcare of the American people!"
Resist Trump Tuesday Rally
11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: The Federal Building, 915 Second Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
This week, we have two great speakers lined up! Jackie Vaughn of Fuse Washington will discuss Washington State's upside down tax policy and what we can do about it. Eric Gonzalez of both the Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO and the Health Care is a Human Right coalition will speak on health care at the state level.
Weekly Meeting—New, Central Location!
7-9 p.m.: Washington State Labor Council, 321 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144
This week we will feature a guest speaker who is organizing against an anti-labor and anti-LGBT grocery chain opening in Seattle!
Other agenda items:
- Launching our signature-gathering campaign for the I-1631 ballot initiative, which will combat carbon emissions and invest in communities most impacted by climate and by energy prices. Sign the initiative hot off the presses!
- Calling Gov. Inslee and asking for the resignation of the Director of the Department of Licensing for turning over information to ICE.
- Asking local advertisers to stop supporting the Sinclair conservative propaganda machine.
Whether you are a seasoned activist or a complete newbie, all are welcome to join us as we work together for the democracy we, our children, and grandchildren deserve.
Do you have an idea for a future daily action? If so, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org