Last week, there was yet another deadly shooting in an American school. This happens all the time, but that doesn't mean that it's normal. Don't go numb, and don't let Congress continue to do nothing. Our children deserve to be safe at school.
Call our Senators and Representatives, and demand that they keep fighting to protect our children from guns.
- Sen. Patty Murray:--DC 202-224-2621; Seattle 206-553-5545
- Sen. Maria Cantwell--DC 202-224-3441; Seattle 206-220-6400
- Rep. Pramila Jayapal--DC 202-225-3106; Seattle 206-674-0040
- Rep. Adam Smith--DC 202-225-8901; Renton 425-793-5180
Hi, my name is [NAME], and I'm calling from [CITY, ZIP]. I'm calling today to tell [Senator/Representative] that I am furious that yet again, a group of high school kids was terrorized at school by an armed shooter, and that they had to watch many of their friends die, simply because Congress would not act to take a stand on gun violence. This needs to stop. I want [Senator/Representative] to do everything they can to reduce the number of guns in America, and protect our kids from being shot. It is not normal. It is not OK. It is your job to make sure it never happens again.
- Block the nomination of NRA lawyer Howard Nielson to the Federal Judiciary
- Block the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (HR 38)
- Co-Sponsor and fight for Common Sense Gun Violence Prevention Measures
- Legislation to strengthen background checks (S. 2009 in the Senate, and H.R. 4240 in the House)
- Legislation to allow family members or law enforcement to petition a court to temporarily prohibit firearm possession for individuals determined to pose a threat to themselves or others. (S. 2521 and S. 1212 in the Senate, H.R. 2598 in the House)
- Bans on bump stocks (S. 1916 in the Senate, H.R. 3947 in the House)
- Raising minimum age to 21 to purchase or possess a semiautomatic firearm (S. 2470 in the Senate and H.R. 5088 in the House).
Stacy Abrams won the Democratic Primary for Georgia Governor! She's the first African American major party nominee for that position, and she's running on a progressive platform. https://www.axios.com/stacey-abrams-wins-georgia-gubernatorial-primary-1527040971-d09d107d-7893-4db9-8c69-83fce429bf75.html
Saturday May 26
What: Flip the 8th Canvas Snoqualmie
34817 Snoqualmie Pkwy Ste 100
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Sponsor: Washington State Democrats
Sign up: https://www.wa-democrats.org/ngpvanforms/6763
Sunday May 27th
What: Flip the 8th Canvas Hobart (Maple Valley)
22131 SE 237th St
Maple Valley, WA 98038
Sponsor: Washington State Democratic Party
Sign up: https://www.wa-democrats.org/ngpvanforms/6783