OFFICIAL ACTION for Wednesday, May 9
Don’t forget to fill out our call log so that we can track our impact: https://goo.gl/forms/lbHUvI9h58f0dLqx1
President Trump has decided that the United States will unilaterally break the 2015 Iran Nuclear Deal. This is reckless behavior by the Trump Administration, which alienates our allies, and increases the risk of more war in the Middle East. It's unclear if there is much that our Members of Congress can do about this move, but it's important to let them know that it does not represent the will of the American people.
As of this writing, 3 of our local Members of Congress have made strong statements against this dangerous move by the Trump Administration. "Let's call them and urge them to do anything and everything they can to reverse Trump's reckless decision.
Sen. Patty Murray--DC 202-224-2621; Seattle 206-553-5545
Sen. Maria Cantwell--DC 202-224-3441; Seattle 206-220-6400
Rep. Pramila Jayapal--DC 202-225-3106; Seattle 206-674-0040
Rep. Adam Smith--DC 202-225-8901; Renton 425-793-5180
"Hello, I’m [name] from [city, zip]. I am horrified that President Trump has withdrawn from the Iran Nuclear Deal. This move makes us less safe, reduces our standing in the world, shows that we can't be trusted to keep or word, and raises the risk escalating war in the Middle East. I want [Senator/Representative] to do everything she/he can to stop this reckless move by the Trump Administration. What power does he/she have to stop or slow this down?"
- Smith Statement: https://democrats-armedservices.house.gov/press-releases?ID=534EBBE8-2B51-4020-BB93-6807F864D9A9
- Jayapal Statement: https://jayapal.house.gov/media/press-releases/jayapal-statement-trump-decision-renege-historic-iran-nuclear-deal
- Murray Statement: https://www.murray.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/newsreleases?ID=81D4AC50-1916-43D6-8450-0EDA83DF8280
Rally to Defend Workers Rights and Reject New Seasons Market
Wednesday, May 9 at 9:30 AM or 5:00 PM at 951 NW Ballard Way in Seattle.
New Seasons Market is an anti-union grocery store funded by the Murdock Trust, an anti-LGBT investor. Labor groups are joining together to protest the opening of a New Seasons Market in Ballard. Join them!
- RSVP here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeMYL6uQ-h0dXwUrQzukdWLApf4T5w46tOFICYmuOrqIONGDA/viewform
- More information here: http://www.thestand.org/2018/05/rally-may-9-to-reject-new-seasons-market/
Stand Up to Bezos' Bullying: Rally & Pack Council Chambers!
Wednesday, May 9, 8:30 AM at Seattle City Hall
RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/2066675510322943/
Do you have an idea for a future daily action? If so, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.