Last month, Gov. Jay Inslee promised to introduce an aggressive state-level clean energy bill that would, among other measures, make Washington state’s electricity 100% carbon-free energy by 2045. This is an exciting step, and all the more urgent now that we’ve learned the oceans are warming as much as 40% faster than previously thought.
Now that the bill has been introduced, it’s our job to voice our support for it. In your own words, let your state representatives know this bill is a top priority, and ask them to make sure it’s not watered downed by special interests. Please click the following link to leave a comment on this bill, which will automatically notify your state representatives:
In particular, ask your legislators to defend the bill's provisions for:
1. No coal-generated electricity by 2025.
2. The strong benchmarks which require that by 2030 no more than 20% of our electricity comes from fossil fuels. This will prevent utilities from replacing coal with fracked natural gas and put us on a path towards 100% clean energy by 2045.
DON’T JUST GO TO THE 2019 WOMXN’S MARCH- HELP OUT!
- Volunteer using this link:
- Seattle Indivisible is also looking for volunteers for our part.
Volunteer with us and help with the food drive that weekend!
- Seattle Womxn Marching Forward (the March organizers) has a way to go to reach their funding goals. Let’s help!
If you can donate, please do.
If you cannot, please share on social media to help spread the word to make the 2019 Seattle Womxn’s March the best yet!
- Tae Phoenix has partnered with the Riveter to produce a pre-Womxn's March sign making party on 1/15. All proceeds go to offset SWMF costs. Tickets and more information here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/make-the-protest-sign-you-want-to-see-in-the-world-tickets-53985724756