The field of Democratic candidates hoping to take on Trump has now taken shape - a historically large and diverse field of contenders. As our internal debate begins, we know that there will be disagreement and even contention! So Indivisible National is asking both us AND the candidates to take the following pledge:
1. Make the primary constructive. We'll make the primary election about our hopes for the future, and a robust debate of values, vision and the contest of ideas. We’ll remain grounded in our shared values, even if we support different candidates.
2. Rally behind the winner. We'll support the ultimate Democratic nominee, whoever it is — period. No Monday morning quarterbacking. No third-party threats.
3. Do the work to beat Trump. We’re the grassroots army that’s going to power the nominee to victory, and we’ll show up to make calls, knock doors, and do whatever it takes.
Sign the pledge here:
We also suggest you take one of two additional actions today to support the eventual nominee:
1. Make a donation to Unify or Die Fund if you are able: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/unify-or-die
2. Sign up to register some voters in 2020 Swing States, with us or at home: https://www.seattleindivisible.com/daily-actions/2019/4/21/register-voters-with-us-in-2020-swing-states
We hope this is a good sign for a constructive primary: Bernie Sanders is the first candidate to sign the Indivisible 2020 Pledge! We expect other candidates to follow: https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-first-to-sign-pledge-to-rally-behind-whoever-wins-democratic-primary